Re: [ox-en] Apple trees (aka capitalism) are bad. What about barter exchange?

Patrick Anderson wrote:
The 2008 US Farm Bill once again pays farmers to NOT grow for the
purpose of keeping prices above costs.

Diego Saravia wrote:
in 2008 people was hungry arround the world

Yes, that's the paradox.

Capitalism requires demand never be met in full,
for to do so would cause price to reach cost.

When price equals cost, profit equals zero.

Complete, un-throttled abundance cannot occur within Capitalism
because abundance destroys profit, yet profit is their measure of success.

Hunger is *needed* in any system requiring scarcity.

Trees heavily laden with Apples will not grow down every lane,
Until we devise a GNU system that grows within our own,
And is able to withstand the abundance we need.

Patrick