Re: Profit and Value, was: Re(2): [ox-en] extrinsic motivation = coercion

Expanded reply

Re: "true equilibrium"

Supply can be limited artificially to raise price which will not be
the actual (non-artificial) equilibrium price, yet it is always called
"equilibrium price" by economists! which undermines the truth in most
cases.

"True equilibrium" is when the supply is made sustainably abundant,
i.e. when anyone who wants any quantity of the given good/service can
have it at the cost (plus fixed margin of profit if we want to provide
for 'possibility' [of new inventions, reinvestment of profit in
community, etc] not just sustainability of production)

Diego wrote:
<<

you don't need to add anything, you will have a profit (or not) as a
consecuense of your dynamics, costs, etc. (if you are an individual firm)

Not true if the "cost" is the "median cost" and you happen to have a
cost that is higher than or equal to the median cost (calculated from
cost-of-production data provided all suppliers) ... In this case you
would have to make your production more efficient ... and how can you
do that if what you put in is what you get out ? (i.e. at cost) You
put in $10 in cost and you get out $10 and you put it in again and so
on, but you need $12 so you can use the extra $2 to make your
production process more efficient. In the system I'm using as the
context of this explanation and all my arguments, there is no
individually set price.. the median cost calculated from producer
supplied data becomes the "price" and what I'm saying is that such
price should include a fixed profit margin so that there can be
investment in new products as well as investment in more efficient
production...