Message 00024 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox-tech] Re: Layout

Hi Mathieu!

I figured out how to tweak CSS based issues, now.

3 days ago Mathieu ONeil wrote:
Mimbo is looking good, two quick points:

My main concern is that the fonts are two small. I'll change that
soon so you don't need a microscope to read text.

1 Width
ideally the text column should be less wide, to have some white space. Maybe a solution would be to have two (or three columns) but leave the left one completely empty? That would really help to give some breathing space; its a bit full now.

This is a complicated issue. A Plone page is full of regions
internally which all have an (external) margin and an (internal)
padding. I need to know exactly *which* of these regions you want to
have changed. Unfortunately I have no quick idea on how to solve this
- though there are certainly some Firefox tools out there for such
purposes.

May be the best would be that you create a screenshot and somehow mark
the region you want to have empty on this screenshot. For instance you
can draw a red box around the space you'd like to have empty.

And a general remark:

  Yesterday Mathieu ONeil wrote:
  > Have you thought about the white space issue? The page is very full presently, needs some breathing space IMO...

Please *don't* repeat questions / requirements. This just adds
confusion - especially if you don't *cite* your original questions /
requirements.

In general I read your mails carefully and work on it when I have time
for it. When I did not respond to a topic then I haven't worked on it
yet - so why responding...

If you are still want to make sure whether I saw something please
*cite* the respective part of your mail - that is by inline quoting.
Anything else just adds to the workload unnecessarily.

This also means: I'll work on any question / requirement you had. If
you decide that a question / requirement is irrelevant - for instance
because the new theme don't has a certain problem - please say so.
Please remember that I can't read your mind.

Maybe we should schedule a quick skype session later this week to move things along, if you have time?

I have no Skype and I don't like it because of it's proprietary
nature. Generally I'd prefer working by email.

Message 00024 [Homepage] [Navigation]