Re: [ox-en] Please stop damaging the project!

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:00:19AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten wrote:
Ok, when I asked people to not start a flame war yesterday I wanted
to prevent what is happening at the moment. Unfortunately with not
much success :-( .

Don't feel bad about it Stefan. There are threads that will not die
and it ends up being the inflammatory off-topics ones that end up in
this situation. This problem is at old as USENET. "Delete
Thread"/"Ignore Thread" functionality is a great option in most modern
mail readers that is basically the best solution we have. I recommend
it to everyone that doesn't feel like reading threads that in their
opinion have degenerated into noise.

To say it clearly: It is for sure on-topic to discuss whether or not
Free Software projects include persons which have political opinions.
However, I guess everything useful has been said already.

I think you've set the scope of discussion on this list well. I think
a reminder in times like this is all that is necessary and possible.

At the moment I think the best would be to suspend the list completely
for a few days.

I think this is a poor idea and that that it won't solve the
problem. We can't bend over backwards for people who would rather
unsubscribe than hit the delete button on emails with "Nazi" in the
subscription line.

Regards,
Mako

--