Re: [ox-en] Apple trees (aka capitalism) are bad. What about barter exchange?

Hi list !

Patrick's point is exactly that, instead of having everybody producing
enough food for everybody to afford food,
some farmers are paid to keep the production from decreasing the
prices too much.
Another example of "alimented" scarcity in Europe are the milk quotas
we have where farmers get paid not to
produce more than a certain quantity of milk per year. Quotas that
they had to increase dramatically during the
high increase of milk price that was over what some have decided as
the 'right' price (wonder what happened
since the prices dropped again).

For the first time, I am not sure I can agree with something you wrote
Stefan and it's regarding free software ;-)
You can sell free software (gpl doesn't require you to produce/give
your code for free,
but to make the source available and accept free redistribution of it
- look at http://www.elivecd.org/Download/Stable
for example, it's a linux distribution for which you have to make a
donation to access to the stable version of it).
Besides it's not because you have a free usable software for a
particular need, that you will not have a $$$ alternative that
actually
has a bigger market share.

Earlier someone said that credit is a good thing, and I can't agree with that.
I think it actually just could be one central root of the problems.
There is nothing easier to maintain a 'nasty' situation where people
having money
don't have anything more to do to gain more than just lending that
money. The interest (rate) is the culprit there.
Don't you think that it's just because it's kinda difficult to find
something easier (and juicer) than that, that all the money was driven
away
from investment into productions to go to financial engineering
products. And the current economical problems aren't actually coming
from
bad credit ?

I wonder if a solution where people would have to just be a partner
and get parts of the benefits (or just take the loss) of an actual
adventure
wouldn't be a partial fix to avoid reproduction of the current
problems. But then it wouldn't solve the problem of companies that
just sell their
future (firing their r&d and cutting investments) to focus on the
immediate profits.

Finally isn't greed the central problem ? ^ ^ ?
We might just be looking at an ethical problem ?

Evgeni, sometimes reading from great ancestors makes it easier to
avoid mistakes. But one should not just sit around and read,
it would be such a waste ! Experiments are a good thing (tm :-) so
keep it up !^^!