Re: [ox-en] Alternative currencies and Oekonux (was: Re: Autonomy)

2006/4/13, Nadav Har'El <nyh math.technion.ac.il>:
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006, magius wrote about "Re: [ox-en] Alternative currencies and Oekonux (was: Re: Autonomy)":
Imho you're going around the problem. i wish to put it to you
*brutally*: how do you take bread to live? finding bread is necessary.
how do you solve this problem? working in the capitalistic system.
that has probably nothing to do on how free software "works" ;-)

I'm not sure I understand your question. It is true that in a world where
food costs money, or even land to grow your own food costs money, you
need money, and you have to follow society's rules on how to get it
(namely, capitalism).
But, I don't see what this has to do with free software.

Nothing. As I said I agree that *internal* free software working mechanism
is not based on exchange. But for sure if we have not the GPL licence
we'll have not the free software. Imho GPL licence is a sort of
"commons' regulation system" that permits that the software developped
by individuals will not be privatized. GPL in self is a barrel against
capitalist valorization.